Friday, September 7, 2007

First Week of School

Wow! What a week! This K12 curriculum takes some getting used to. I don't know if we'll stick with it or not. I'm going to try to get super organized this weekend and see if that helps.

The great part of this week was being reminded of the joy that comes with seeing your children discover things for the first time. The joy of seeing them get excited about learning new things. Kind of like when they took their first step or said their first word but on a different level. What a privilege.

We learned about Adam & Eve and how they tried to hide their sin from God just like we do today. We learned how Satan sneakily twisted God's words instead of just lying. Just like he does today. We learned from Cain & Able that God wants our best and is very displeased with less. We learned that Adam was Noah's great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather.
And that Methuselah, Noah's grandfather, died the year the flood began.

We learned Oremus means let us pray and much more in Latin. The boys think Latin is really cool. Kind of like a secret language.

Math is really fun. I get to refresh and relearn with them so I'll be ready when they reach the higher levels. It's cool to see the light go on when they learn a new concept.

History right now is geography, my weakest subject, so I'm learning right along with the kids. I think I'll always be directionally challenged, though. No comments, Chill.

Eli thinks science is cool because he gets to do experiments, Mason would rather just learn the info and take the test.

I pray each day that I will be a good student of my kids and that God will lead me to be the mom he wants for his children.

I strive to be a mom like this...................


1 comment:

BarbieC said...

I'm jealous of the way your boys are so interested in the Bible; I guess I didn't try to get mine interested at a young enough age. You're doing so many things RIGHT, and I'm proud of you. I know it's not easy . . .