Monday, March 24, 2008

My Baby Girl is Sweet Sixteen

I can't believe Laine turned 16 yesterday. Where have the years gone?

I can honestly say that even though I treasure each memory from her childhood, I wouldn't go back. A wise woman once told me to enjoy each stage of my children's life and not worry about missing it when it passed. Truly, God has taken care of the sadness I thought I would feel about the kids growing up and replaced it with the joy and wonder of each 'stage' seeming better than the last.

I'm amazed constantly at the mature, godly, young woman Laine is becoming. She's not perfect, of course, but she is a wonderful person with whom I would choose to spend my time even if we were not related. Many parents complain about the teenage years but I've found the joys of having this teenage girl around far outweigh the trials.

I love you Laine! Happy Birthday!

No comments: