Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Pictures From Our Wreck

The kids and I were in an accident on Monday of this week. We were at a stop sign waiting to pull onto a divided highway when the woman in front of us pulled out to make a left turn and stopped right in the middle of the road. The GMC Sierra that was speeding toward her swerved to miss her and slammed straight into my driver's side door.

This is the last thing I saw before impact. Laine says she will never forget seeing the big, red, GMC in my widow when we finally stopped moving (he pushed us 29 ft.).




Our van at the junkyard. We ended up facing ninty degrees right from where we started.







My sister had just given me this sticker. How true it is!



One comment I heard over and over after the accident was "God was with you." I believe he was. Not because we are all o.k. but simply because I know he never abandons his children. Bryan and I are going to have a talk with the kids because I don't wan't them to think that God abandons you when bad things happen. If I had been killed the last thing I would want is the kids thinking God was not with us. He is the one I want them to turn to first in difficult situations.

I'm am so thankful for the life I've been given. This is a reminder not to take any of it for granted.


1 comment:

BarbieC said...

Paige,
I am from a family that had someone killed at the scene of a crash. I firmly believe that God was with my father-in-law: he was holding him in his arms as he was dying and carried him up to Heaven. It was not God's fault that someone was in a hurry to get to work and driving like a fool -- it was a human mistake.

You are 100% correct -- God is there for his children.